in technology affect businesses and business activity in a major way.
Many businesses have adapted to new technologies and use these to shape
and influence their future. Technologies have made elements of business
such as manufacturing, communication, purchasing, sales and advertising
easier and more effective for businesses.
Changes in technology have included:
- Email ΓÇô electronic mail enables written messages to be sent instantly to others, and files can be shared as attachments.
- Mobile phones ΓÇô mobile phones enable conversations to be conducted anywhere.
- Mobile applications ΓÇô
applications (apps) are designed to run on smart phones and tablets.
They can be used to create documents, capture images and enable banking
transactions. Businesses have been able to develop apps to conduct
- Websites ΓÇô
a page or group of pages containing written and visual information
using various media, this allows businesses to communicate with
customers and has enabled e-commerce.
- Social media ΓÇô
a variety of web platforms that enable users to share ideas, content,
information and messages. Businesses are able to use this as a valuable
customer service tool.
- Web conferencing ΓÇô
a meeting that uses communications software to stream images and/or
voices over the internet between participants in different locations.
- Cloud services ΓÇô
software, such as online document editing and data storage, that is run
from a remote location but that can be accessed from anywhere as long
as a connection to the internet is maintained.
- Manufacturing ΓÇô a variety of technological manufacturing techniques are commonly used, such as using robots to build cars.
- Warehousing ΓÇô as businesses take online orders, robots are commonly used to move goods around warehouses and load them onto vans.
- Electric vehicles ΓÇô some businesses are already using or are developing electric vehicles, moving away from traditional petrol and diesel.